Sunday, July 02, 2006

Tennessee in Massachusetts

I'm acutely aware that I have not been blogging much lately. What can I say? I feel scattered, busy, unfocused, pulled in many directions these days. I wanted to blog today, and now here it is midnight once again and I cannot stay up much later. (Although I may not have much choice in the matter: I took an early-evening nap today -- I manage to find time to nap about once every six months or so -- and that may mean that I won't be able to fall asleep tonight.)

I spent much of the evening looking into lodging options in the Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts. I'm going to do one of the things I've always wanted to do three weeks from now: go see a play at the Willamstown Theatre Festival. I'll be going for the weekend with my college friend K. He's a big old theater queen, so he's the first one I thought of when I got the idea to check one of my to-do-before-I-die excursions off my list this summer.

The last time I was in New York for more than a day, he and I saw the Tony Kushner musical Caroline, or Change (which happens to be playing at Washington's Studio Theatre right now and which I highly recommend -- I haven't seen this production, but it's gotten great reviews). The last time he was in Washington, we saw The Glass Menagerie, starring Sally Field, whose performance I really, really liked! ;) Seriously, it was one of the most memorable theater experiences I've ever had. I feel lucky to be able to say I saw "Sally Field's Amanda Wingfield."

In Williamstown, K. and I will be seeing another Tennessee Williams play, Sweet Bird of Youth.

More later! Bed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home