Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Very Special

My 100th post should be something more momentous than this, but here goes: Tomorrow I'll probably attempt to go back to work. The fluish part of my illness has pretty much subsided, leaving me with just a garden variety coldishness. But the worst is over, and that's a good thing.

Early Friday morning I leave for my getaway in the Berkshires, so it's a very good thing I'm on the mend. I'm taking the train to NYC, and my friend K. will drive from there. Since I last blogged about it, we've added a second play onto the schedule -- figuring that as long as we're going all that way, why not make a real theater weekend out of it? That play, on the second stage, is a world premiere, Lucy and the Conquest. I see tonight that a review in a local newspaper calls it "muddled" and "hyperactive." Oh, boy. We bought tickets before it opened, and I don't regret that. It's an adventure! I don't see any reviews for Sweet Bird of Youth yet.

Here's where we're staying: "a very special place."

2 Comments:

Blogger diablo said...

special AND quaint. utterly charming even! good times good times.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could stow away with you and enjoy the scenery and quietude, too. I hope you're enjoying it and that the heat wave isn't making it uncomfortable.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home