Monday, July 31, 2006

"Mum, Dad -- It's Me, Emma. I Have Something to Tell You . . ."

From this week's Publisher's Weekly:

"Zoe Pagnamenta at PFD NY has just concluded an auction for Emma Brockes's memoir, What Would Barbra Do? How Musicals Can Change Your Life. . . . Brockes, a 30-year-old writer at the Guardian in the U.K. who is obsessed with show tunes, will explore the world of musicals through her own story of growing up with a mother who knew all the words to the songs in The Sound of Music and Oklahoma. . . ."

On a related note, I've been thinking for some time now that Ina Garten of The Barefoot Contessa is also a gay man in a woman's body. She is so gay! You have to watch her Food Network show to know what I mean.

3 Comments:

Blogger diablo said...

i've only seen ina a couple of times but i think she's really a man in drag.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it WRONG to know all the words to the songs in The Sound of Music and Oklahoma? You mean everyone doesn't?

I like Ina and all her gay friends who are always coming over for dinner. I think her husband probably has a few gay genes in his DNA, too.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Billy said...

I like her too. Didn't mean to imply otherwise. I've given her sour cream coffee cakes to people as gifts the last two Christmases. her vegetable pot pies are also yummy.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home