Sunday, January 21, 2007

Touch

1. I've worn a silver ring on my pinkie finger for about fifteen years. If I forget to put it on in the morning, I miss the feeling of it throughout the day. For reasons I haven't quite figured out, I take the ring off as soon as I get home from work and rarely wear it on weekends.
2. Although I much prefer dogs to cats, I don't like the sensation of dog licks, especially on my face. But I quite enjoy the sandpapery feeling of a cat's tongue. I once sat for probably ten minutes while a cat "groomed" my bald spot.
3. I had lunch yesterday with a friend who said she doesn't bake because she hates the feeling of flour on her hands. I've never singled out the sensation of flour from the rest of the baking process, which has been one of my favorite activities for as long as I can remember.
4. I like bath water to be as hot as I can stand it.
5. Seeing two men holding hands in public never fails to lift my spirits.
6. I've touched more men's hands in the last year of two-stepping than in any other year of my life.
7. Some feel like little pillows.
8. I kissed a man for the first time in October 1990. If you don't know anything else about me, that might make you think I'm a good bit younger than I am. I don't have a problem with that.
9. For most of my life, I turned my bed pillow over to the cool side anytime I woke during the night. I recently became aware that I don't do this anymore, and I don't know when I stopped.
10. I still like stretching my feet into the cool part of the mattress, as long as there's a warm place to return to.

1 Comments:

Blogger dykewife said...

bran's old cat, sherlock, would frequently groom his head where he was balding (bran's that is). he'd also groom bran's armpits while bran slept. oddly enough, he never woke up to that. if it'd been me, the cat would've been dead from a skull fracture...i'm really ticklish.

i prefer to keep my feet where it's warm when i'm in bed. the only exception is during the hot summer and when i'm having a power surge.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home