Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Step

I wanted to post something reflective and retrospective about the past year before today. But I've been having trouble focusing. It seems as though there's little to say about 2006 that I haven't already reported or reflected on here. (Which of course isn't true.)

I have to say, above all else, the two-stepping stands out. You kind of have to know the story of my life -- or to have lived it -- to understand why. It's cool to feel joy, even occasionally a thrill, several times a week. Perhaps in 2007 I'll give leading a try.

Cheers to B. -- who I don't think even reads this blog, but I send it out anyway -- for getting me onto the dance floor exactly a year ago. (Nice to be back in touch.)

And to all of you -- whether leading or following -- best wishes for the coming year.

4 Comments:

Blogger dykewife said...

all the best in your new year.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope 2007 is a year of dancing for you :)

6:21 PM  
Blogger M- Filer said...

Happy 2007- I have led and I have followed. Leading is better.

3:51 AM  
Blogger Nell Minow said...

The thing I like so much about this, as with your previous resolutions, is that unlike most such lists, it's not the usual New Year's "I'm going to do less of things I like that are bad for me," but "I'm going to do more of things I like that are good for me." As they say, "dance as though no one is watching." And I have also both led and followed, and each has its pleasures. Happy 2007.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home