Wednesday, February 08, 2006

"Why Don't You Folks Get to Know Each Other While I Check on the Tofu?"

In case you're not up to speed on my blog links over there on the right, let me introduce you to the ones I haven't talked about yet.

At A Sense of Scale, Beth currently has some funny behind-the-scenes accounts of the Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy, where she's on assignment. Guess we can look forward to more over the next few weeks. When not slogging up Italian mountains, she offers knowing takes on being an American abroad as well as frank dispatches on dealing with weight issues.

Speaking of Americans abroad, Francis Strand -- an old friend from my gay-writing-group days in the early to mid-'90s -- holds down the fort at
How to Learn Swedish in 1000 Difficult Lessons. Francis, who lives in Stockholm and is "more or less" legally married to a Swedish man, has a witty and pithy blog. It boasts something mine lacks: a clever theme.

And -- who knew? -- Sweden provides a like-butter transition to my pal over at
EnviroWonk, where his latest posting (as of this writing anyway) quotes a Guardian headline: "Sweden plans to be world's first oil-free economy." EnviroWonk has a nose for illuminative environmental news -- and he sometimes goes off on a really good rant.

I've already written about the others: Bob Mould's
BobLog and The Happy Booker both got a shout-out from me here, and Mrs. L's Monthly (not technically a blog but a column by Rosanne Cash) here. More to come, I hope.

3 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

oooh. thanks for the shout-out!

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

je deteste le shoutouts.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Billy said...

"Shoutouts" would take the plural article "les."

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home