Saturday, October 07, 2006

Breakfast of Idiots


Yesterday morning, while I was waiting at the bus stop in the pouring rain, a man walked by down 16th Street, balancing an open umbrella and a bowl of cereal, which he was eating with a spoon as he walked. For some reason, it felt like a very British scene, like something out of
Benny Hill. (Frankly, he looked ridiculous.)

***
Tomorrow morning I'm making an offer on a condo, the culmination of a journey that started actively in June of last year, then took a hiatus and began again this summer -- but that's only the most literal, real-estate journey, a subset of my larger journey of shaping a new life after . . . well, you know . . . which began more than three years ago. The place I've found and hope I get feels right. Wish me luck. I will write more about it if the offer is accepted.

2 Comments:

Blogger dykewife said...

much luck on the purchase. i've got sundry bits and body parts crossed for you.

that man must have really wanted his cereal. i think i'd rather eat a granola bar were i in his stead.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps the cereal eater could have thrown in a Silly Walk to get a Monty Python / Benny Hill combo going. ... But I'm glad he had the umbrella: I hate getting rain in my Cocoa Puffs.

Good luck with the condo purchase. I’ll be waiting to hear more about it, as I wish it were I who were making the deal. (Have I subjunctivized correctly there?)

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home