Friday, December 01, 2006

On This Date in History, or a Spooky Coincidence

Saturday, December 1, 1973

M. and I went to rehearsal today.* It went pretty well. I'm looking forward to the play. Very soon I will have been writing in this book for a year. Imagine that!

Very soon I will have been writing this blog for a year. Imagine that!

_____

*My brother and I were in a school play together, The Night of the Burning Pestle. I had the nonspeaking role of a townsperson; he played one of the lead roles, the grocer's wife. (Yes.)

I just remembered that I wrote an unfinished essay a dozen years ago that touched on this event. I would quote from my description of the rehearsals, but the almost-essay is housed in my other, ancient computer -- the steam-powered one -- and I can't put my hands on a hard copy and it's time for bed. So . . . some other time. Heck, maybe I'll publish the whole, unfinished thing here. It's the only chance this particular piece will ever reach an audience, so I might as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home