Friday, December 15, 2006

Wie Treu Sind Deine Blätter


Call me crazy, but I'm going to leave it just like this. I've been meaning to light and decorate it ever since I put it up on Sunday. Now I realize it's not meant to be lit and decorated this year. There's a simplicity to it that, this Christmas, demands nothing more.
Yes, I've received only two cards thus far; then again, I've sent none. But hey, as you can see, I've already gotten one present! The tree is as small as it looks. I have a diminutive home. And a dog who jumps. I wasn't even intending to get a tree this year, but the salesman was too good. Now I'm glad I did.

3 Comments:

Blogger dykewife said...

you could get a tree and affix it to the ceiling. i've heard that's a trend somewhere for people with pets. i haven't figured out how they keep the tree from drying out though.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Nell Minow said...

I think it's perfect, a little haiku of a tree. Your salesman knew just what to recommend.

12:25 AM  
Blogger diablo said...

oooh how minimalist. it definitely has a marvelous kind of negative capability.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home