Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Oh, All Right

After much resistance, here goes:

1. What is your favorite word?

Can't think of one word. One of my favorite phrases: Aberdeen Proving Ground. I have no idea why.

2. What is your least favorite word?
Since I picked a phrase above, I'll do the same here: "I could care less."

3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Connection.

4. What turns you off?
Small talk. The older I get, the less tolerant of it I am.


5. What is your favorite curse word?

G.D., pronounced as initials. It's what my father says, adjectivally ("Who put that
G.D. box there?"), when he's really angry. (No one ever uses a real swear word in my mother's presence.) My siblings and I occasionally say "G.D." in a cheeky homage to him, and it always makes me smile.

6. What sound or noise do you love?
Someone, human or canine, snoring beside me.

7. What sound or noise do you hate?
[Number 7 was not on the list, but I assume this is it and it was left off by accident, since James Lipton always asks it on Inside the Actors Studio.]
The sound of a cranky child between the ages of zero and two crying in a public place. Parents reading this are probably thinking that I'm unsympathetic with the child and/or his or her parents. I'm neither sympathetic nor unsympathetic with either; I'm not passing judgment. I simply hate this sound
as sound. It makes me want to scream.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

Photojournalist.


9. What profession would you not like to do?

Reporter.


10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

"This is
so going to be worth it."

2 Comments:

Blogger Nell Minow said...

Wonderful answers. Just to provie that no good deed goes unpunished, more questions are coming soon.

I'd love to hear the answers to those questions from some of your other regular comment-posters, if they would care to post them. You have created a nice little community here.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That 0-2 meltdown-crying is a terror to every parent's ears too. I have only experienced it twice ... thus far. I, too felt like screaming ... and the producer of said meltdown was my own 17 month old. The only response is to remove yourself and child and leave where you are immediatly. However, this is not possible on an airplane, which is why I won't fly anywhere until he's over that stage.

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home