Thursday, January 17, 2008

Because

I keep coming across articles or other things I want to blog about but never seem to find the time. Quick -- no one at work is looking. Here goes:

I liked this New York Times article about Robert Redford's daughter, the first film she's directed, and her relationship to her one-bedroom co-op in New York City. As it happens, I have a one-bedroom condo I love -- though it isn't in New York and my father isn't a world-famous movie star/entrepreneur/activist. That's where she and I part ways.

This passage spoke to me:

It’s a great apartment. But it poses the question: Does Robert Redford’s kid really have to be living in a one-bedroom apartment?

"This kid does," Ms. Redford says firmly.

Why is that?

"Because I want to have my life reflect who I am and what I create and what makes me the most comfortable . . ."

As I approach the one-year anniversary of my condo purchase (January 29), I'm reminded so often of how much I love it, how much at home I feel there, and how much potential there is to make it reflect me and my values even more. It was a long time coming.

I've been lighting fires in my fireplace a lot this winter. Weeknight fires, just because.

3 Comments:

Blogger PAI said...

wow, a year already! and the space you've created very much embodies you i think. especially that one color -- daffodil :) hehe.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Billy said...

Thanks! But who is "Roberto"???

10:03 PM  
Blogger diablo said...

*blush* oops! who is that masked hombre?

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home