Sunday, November 25, 2007

Follow the Leader

Last Monday, after almost two years of following, I took my first country-western dance lesson as a leader. It was actually a waltz class, not two-step; they alternate them. I was surprised to find that it didn't go as terribly as I had feared. Waltzing is a lot simpler than two-stepping, so I decided to take the plunge in that dance first. Tomorrow is the second (and final) waltz lesson of this particular round. I'll try leading two-step when the next four-week session of that begins in January.

On Friday, I waltzed as a leader for the first time on a regular open-dance night, with a full dance floor. My partner was a (versatile) friend with whom I've danced a lot and who I knew would be patient with me. It went well, but I didn't want to push my luck, so for the rest of the evening I followed.


Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry about what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go.

1 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

*sigh* I had such a crush on John Michael Montgomery. I think it was the dimples.

Hope the Leading continues to go well for you :-)

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home