Thursday, November 15, 2007

Truth in Journalism

As I read this question to Ask Amy this morning, I thought, "Come on, Amy -- say it, say it! You know it's true." She said it. I knew she would.

"Dear Amy: My 18-year-old son recently started college on a baseball scholarship. I'm so proud! He is having problems with 'Melissa,' his girlfriend of more than two years because of this.

"His college is several hours away from her, and now they get to see each other only on the weekends. This doesn't seem to bother him too much, but it is driving his girlfriend crazy! She spends most of her time with him crying and complaining that she doesn't get to see him enough. She makes it impossible for him to go back to school Sundays (crying that the weekend is over).

"When he's at school, he sounds good and says everything is OK, but when he's with her his attitude changes.

"She has tried several times to persuade him to quit school, which is pretty selfish, I think. My son has mentioned shaving his head so she won't worry about other girls looking at him.

"I suggested getting rid of the girlfriend instead.

"What is the best way to deal with her and her insecurities?

-- Helpless Mom"

"Dear Helpless: 'Melissa' sounds insecure, controlling and even abusive. Some of this might be a result of simple immaturity. It's normal to be sad and upset over a separation in a long-distance relationship, but her behavior takes the drama to an unfortunate level. Secondly, everybody knows that bald guys are hot.

"You should continue to be supportive of your son's college goals. Don't push too hard on the girlfriend front, but if he asks tell him that if Melissa really loved him she would also support his goals and dreams. Point out that he doesn't seem happy when he's with her. "When baseball season starts, he's not going to be as available to her; for her sake as well as his own, maybe he should set her free well before practices begin."

3 Comments:

Blogger diablo said...

is that ed harris? he needs a tan :)

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE ED HARRIS

I LOVE Alan ARKIN TOO
2 HOT HOT HOT bald guys I tell ya

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I had to go check the original source. She said it, she meant it, she gets a one month hip chit. len

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home