Monday, February 27, 2006

What Do You Mean Not Everyone Is Fascinated by My Anxieties and Self-Flagellation?

My schedule is pretty packed -- for me -- during the next two weeks, and I'm already getting stressed out about it. Work is very busy. I'm teaching too. And I'm presenting at a conference this weekend in Dewey Beach and at another one next week in Austin.

I was in a grumpy, cheapskatey mood when I made my reservations for the Austin converence. (The organization-that-will-remain-nameless under whose auspices I'm going isn't covering my expenses; I have to pay and then write them off this time next year.) I booked a room at a hotel fairly removed from the center of things since the rate was half of what the official conference hotels were charging, and I'm staying only two nights instead of three or four. The conference goes from Wednesday to Saturday; I'm arriving Wednesday night and leaving Friday afternoon. I feel kind of dumb since Austin is a city I've long wanted to visit and I'll really have only one full day there. It will basically come down to choosing between the conference (other than my panel, which is first thing in the morning) and the city. I have a feeling the city is going to win. I haven't yet had any time to do any research or plan anything out. I think I'll just wander around. Suggestions welcome.

As of the middle of last night, I have a sore throat, which is sure to become a cold any minute now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your using the zinc, that always nips my colds in the bud. Nothing worse than traveling while feeling under the weather.

9:54 AM  
Blogger vuboq said...

Where's Dewey Beach???

I've always wanted to go to Austin too! You could always change your tickets/reservations to stay longer. I think you should! Apparently, Austin is a BLAST.

Drink lots of juice. Stay healthy.
*smooch*

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home