Friday, October 13, 2006

"Confidence Is Manly. The Rest Is Just Stuff About Cars."

That line is from today's column by one of my favorite professional advice givers, Carolyn Hax. The letter that prompts that response starts out, "I've just been rejected by a woman who claims I won't get anywhere with women because I'm not masculine enough." The letter and the full text of Hax's pithy and apt reply can be found here.

And from last week's New Yorker, in a sidebar by Joan Acocella about a performance called "Torsion" by dancers Michael Nunn and William Trevitt (right):

"What a joy it is just to see two men dance together, with all that male bodies can deliver (weight, shoulders). How big those guys look when they're lifted into the air!"

1 Comments:

Blogger diablo said...

I like hot rods and other manly car related things.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home