Saturday, November 11, 2006

Details

One of Isaac Mizrahi's "10 Rules of Style" in the November Details:*

"Plastic surgery never works. You automatically
become a drive-by. If anyone looks at you too closely, they will know that you've done it -- which makes you look about 70, no matter how old you are. . . ."**

I couldn't agree more.***

____

*
Can you tell I recently got a free subscription to Details?

** The rest of the quote: ". . . Use wrinkle creams and get facials. I didn't say it wasn't okay to be vain. Vanity is a virtue." I'm not sure I agree with the last sentence; that doesn't mean I'm not susceptible to vanity.

*** Someone I know quoted poet Anna Akhmatova on his blog today; I'm quoting Isaac Mizrahi. Does this mean my blogger friend is right that, as he said by phone last night, I'm "more gay" than he is? You be the judge. What I can say is that no one is gayer than Isaac Mizrahi.**** His TV show makes Queer Eye for the Straight Guy look like Monday Night Football.

**** Isaac was born 23 days after me.

1 Comments:

Blogger diablo said...

of course you are gayer. you have more experience. and more anti-wrinkle creams.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home