Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Happily Ever After

Two nights ago, I resolved the living-room curtain issue that had paralyzed me for the last month. (It's a long story, but suffice it to say that it involved a rod, some studs, and drilling; that's a little something for my infantile homosexual gentlemen readers.) It's transformational having curtains I can close at night and having a livable living room again. Though there's still much to be done, I feel 100 percent more at home.

The next day, Comcast came and did an excellent, surprisingly discreet job of running my cable from the hook-up in the bedroom to the TV in the living room, so now I can enjoy my Sex and the City reruns at 11. Even better, one of the cable guys informed me sotto voce, I'll be getting expanded-basic service for my basic-cable subscription price. "Just don't tell anyone," he said. Never mind that I hardly ever watch any of those channels, which is why I downgraded to basic. A great deal's a great deal.

Sometimes life just shows signs of working out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe the cable guy was just
impressed by your rod, studs and drilling

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Sex and the City reruns! I'm told I am a combination of Miranda and Charlotte, with a wee bit of Samantha just to spice it up. :) Which are you?

10:00 PM  
Blogger Billy said...

That's so funny. Someone asked me the other night who my favorite character is. I've never thought about either question! In fact, I don't think I'm remotely like any of them!

I know -- aren't I special? ;)

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home