Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Dog, a Blanket, and Two Feet (and One and a Third Unscraped Windows*)

Me and Patsy tonight as I read student papers. If I'm not teaching these nights, I'm reading papers, as I've taken on a double load this quarter to earn extra money. Hence my slow progress on getting settled. (See not-fully-unpacked box above dog's head.)

I did take a quick trip out to Pier One tonight, only to find that it had closed at 8, not 9. Surely Crate and Barrel would still be open. Have to grab every snatch of time I have! Closed too.

"
Washington -- Goddammit!" I actually said aloud. Why does everything here close so early?

I've been spending most of my time in the bedroom and kitchen of the new place because I've been flummoxed by unresolved curtain-hanging issues in the living room -- so no privacy there yet. In the bedroom, although I plan to have wooden blinds installed, there is a privacy wall on the patio outside these windows, preventing all but peeping Toms in hovercraft from seeing inside.

You can catch a glimpse of the Light Daffodil walls.
____________
* This mess is from the substandard paint job done before I moved in. I have painted the walls but have not yet gotten to the windows.

4 Comments:

Blogger dykewife said...

i saw on a home improvement show, debbie travis's painted house i believe, that there's a window protection sheild that you brush on the windows before painting them. it works like tape, but goes on quicker.

i love your decor in the previous entry. books are wonderful!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Billy said...

Thanks. Sometimes bookshelves are even more wonderful.

12:36 AM  
Blogger diablo said...

all work and no play....

however, lying in bed has it's merits.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That glimpse of the daffodil walls is lovely. I've been scraping wallpaper and painting walls for months now. It's amazing how different my house looks. Your place is going to be beautiful. Your feet and your dog look so cosy-comfy together. :)

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home