Thursday, March 29, 2007

Come, Sit

I finally found a dining table for my hard-to-fit space, after thinking of little else for the last three and a half weeks (and eating all my meals sideways at the kitchen counter that is not a breakfast bar, my legs crossed at the knees). I'll be driving to Manhattan in a week or two to pick it up. It's an expandable table made from recycled barnwood by a furniture maker in Pennsylvania, and it's being custom-made to my size specifications -- all for a really reasonable price. I found out about it in New York magazine; in fact, the table style is called the New Yorker, as it's designed for cramped New York City apartments. At 25 by 48 inches, it will fit neatly against a wall in my living room; with the leaves on either end extended, it will expand to 25 by 72, allowing me to host dinners and brunches for six -- the requirements that made it so hard to find the perfect table.

I think I found the perfect table.

4 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

That table is HOT!
So. jealous.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the table & I'm eager to see it. Maybe it's what I'll get for my renovation. In the meantime, I love what you said in an earlier post about home being "as permanent as [you] want it to be.

2:30 AM  
Blogger diablo said...

very nice. i'm sure it will provide the perfect setting for many a gustatory adventure.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so when is brunch?

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home