Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fly

Last night was what may turn out to be the last true evening of summer -- marked by pizza, wine, ice cream with homemade chocolate sauce, candles, and conversation in the garden. Tonight there's fall in the air -- though I'm kind of sorry to see the warm weather go, something I never would have said just a few years ago. Is this a sign of a snowbird in the making? God help me.

I did receive the AARP publications of my condo's deceased former owner in the mail today, as I have been ever since I moved in. (It doesn't seem like such a big deal, as I've been reading them at my parents' house for years.)


I made it to the gym tonight, there's banana-apple bread in the oven, and I'll make egg salad before going to bed at a reasonable hour for the first time in ages. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf. Too much wasted time. I like the evenings too much -- too many bleary-eyed mornings as a result.


Am I building up stories, unbeknownst to me? Time will tell.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cooper said...

Candles and conversation in the garden sounds so romantic! Actually, so does homemade chocolate sauce ... and banana apple bread (please may I have the recipe for the latter?). Yes, I find food and the ambiance with which it can be served, sensual. We are all always building stories, I think.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Billy said...

Actually, it was just a banana bread recipe that I didn't have enough banana for, so I shredded an apple into it to make up the balance. Came out really well! (Except for the burning the bottom part -- can't get used to my convection oven. I just sliced the burnt part off.)

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home