Thursday, February 15, 2007

Bow Wow Wow

For the second night in a row, I find myself at Tryst. My DSL stopped working a few days ago, and it hardly seems worth it to call Verizon when I'm going to be at my address for only a couple more weeks. Last time this happened, it turned out that the phone jack in my bedroom (where my desk is) was corroded with rust. I was also told that DSL sometimes goes out when there's heavy rain. I'm thinking this time it might have to do with the snow; I can't get online in either the bedroom or the living room. But if it that's not the problem, I can't bear the thought of waiting around a whole morning or afternoon for a Verizon repair person when I'll be waiting around most of tomorrow at my condo for two appliance deliveries, with more such waits probably in the near future.

As the Germans say, na ja. Oh, well.

Speaking of which, Tryst is blaring '80s pop hits -- as I type, "99 Luftballons" ("99 Red Balloons"). There's a frenetic quality to the place tonight, lots of loud shrieking. I've changed my table about four times, most recently to be close to a power strip.

Na ja.

The dogs joined me today and will be with me for the next week. I've had an extra quilt on my bed during this cold snap but won't use it tonight. Patsy would get it dirty, and it's too nice for that. She'll keep me warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home