Wednesday, February 21, 2007

All We Are Saying . . .

I'm all about whirled peas these days.

Ever since inventing the delicious Saga Blue and Green Pea Pasta (which I've enjoyed many times), I've been experimenting with everything from whirled peas on pizza to whirled peas in an omelet (I had that for dinner tonight before heading over to the condo for more painting). The best invention since the pasta was a fabulous spread I came up with last week. It contained, among other things, whirled peas, cream cheese, and walnuts. I need to refine the proportions and think of a name, but as soon as I do, I'll print the recipe here. So easy to whip -- er, whirl -- up when unexpected guests drop by!

6 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

Vuboq. Reading. About. Peas ...

Feeling. Quite. Queasy.

*ugh*

8:53 AM  
Blogger Billy said...

I've always been merely fine with peas -- never adored them but didn't hate them either. As stated before, though, pulsing them a few times in the food processor -- NOT pureeing them -- makes them into a completely different-tasting vegetable. Brings out the spring-green freshness! :)

9:16 AM  
Blogger Nell Minow said...

I can't help thinking of the bumper sticker: Visualize Whirled Peas

10:45 AM  
Blogger Billy said...

Yes, that was the idea. ;)

11:16 AM  
Blogger dykewife said...

check out Nigella's recipe for peas.

9:39 PM  
Blogger TK said...

Hmmm... love peas. And I had never heard of saga blue till I had it on a sandwich at a funky little deli in Takoma Park. Yum!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home