Monday, April 16, 2007

Checking In

After more than a year at it, I still struggle internally with what I want this blog to be. That's part -- but only part -- of the reason I haven't posted much lately.

I've never been satisfied with the lack of a theme or focus here. Sometimes I want the blog to be more personal than it is, sometimes more of an opinionated commentary on what's going on in the world, sometimes just a vehicle for recommending reading or music or movies (which I never seem to watch anymore). Sometimes I wish I wrote longer and more thoughtful posts (I'm aware that I did
so more in the early days); sometimes I think that, when it comes to blogging, conciseness is all. Sometimes I want to share episodes from my life but never get around to it. And sometimes I don't know where to begin.

So the result is I do a little of all of those things. And remain creatively restless -- at the moment, more precisely, distracted. Unsettled over still being unsettled.

Patience.

3 Comments:

Blogger vuboq said...

Blogging is supposed to have a theme and/or focus? Hmm ... I'm kinda screwed then.

I like reading what you've written to date. What's wrong with continuing to do what you've been doing?

10:35 PM  
Blogger diablo said...

perhaps you should be more visual. then you can write incomplete, incomprehesible sentences that noone reads anyway and it will all be good! :)

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We, your readers, enjoy anything you choose to write about, and at whatever length the muse of blogging allows. Consider some of your entries to be post cards to keep in touch, and the "real" "letter" you want to write will come in due time. Either way, we'll be glad to hear from you. –dpv

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home