Monday, June 18, 2007

Long Time Gone

AWOL again -- sorry.

These days are turning out to be a time of transition for me. I'm not always even sure what I'm transitioning to. In addition to the ongoing creation of and settling into my new home, I'm starting up another (knock on wood) blog under my real name and with a more specific focus than this one (which I will continue, even though you might not know it at the rate I've been posting). The new blog is related to some professional and creative ambitions I have -- a step toward forging a new direction, you might say. I was working on it tonight. I'm sorry to say, though, that I won't be linking to it from here, as I want to keep this one anonymous and personal.

I've also been contemplating proposing a somewhat different position for myself at work. It may turn out to be moot (I'm aware that I, and almost everyone else in the world, misuse the word "moot" according to the dictionary definition, but it's such a . . . convenient word, even when misused; and it rhymes with "cute"). That's all I'll say for now. It's very likely nothing will change, but it could. Unless I decide not to play those cards, which is a distinct possibility. It may not be the right move even if the opportunity does arise.


Anyway. Transition. I'm 45 years old -- does that mean anything? I think it definitely qualifies as midlife.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Depends on your definition of life, if 45 is midlife. I think I came into being as my grumpy old fart self in my 30s :-) Or it just could have been my experiences in the dating world too...

Good luck on the work towards the new position at work.

1:32 AM  
Blogger Nell Minow said...

The best transitions are the ones whose ends do not reveal themselves until we get there. Godspeed.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home